Here's what you need to use TorrentFlux
* A Unix like OS (Linux, BSD, Solaris, etc.)
* A Web Server that supports PHP (e.g. Apache)
* SQL Database (MySQL, Postgres)
* PHP 4.3.x or higher
* Python 2.2 or higher
* Note: Some add-ons may have additional requirements
1. Download TorrentFlux from www.torrentflux.com
2. Unpack the archive into a directory, then copy the contents of the "html" folder into your web site root directory.
tar -jxvf torrentflux-b4rt_1.0.tar.bz2
3. Create a database (i named it torrentflux ) and import the mysql_torrentflux.sql file. You may specify type of database you want to use in the config.php, but the examples here use MySQL.
Connect to MySQL:
sudo mysql -u root -p
Now that you are logged in, we create a database:
create database torrentflux;
We allow user "root" to connect to the server from localhost using the password "passwd":
grant usage on *.* to root@localhost identified by 'passwd';
And finally we grant all privileges on the torrentflux database to this user:
grant all privileges on torrentflux.* to root@localhost ;
Import the .sql file into your torrentflux database:
mysql torrentflux < mysql_torrentflux-b4rt-1.0.sql
Or you can import the .sql file directly from phpMyAdmin.
4. Remove or rename the file /path/to/torrentflux-docroot/setup.php.
This is a security precaution to ensure a malicious user does not attempt to overwrite your torrentflux-b4rt installation. Your installation will not run with setup.php in the document root folder.
5. IMPORTANT: The first time you access the application, you will be prompted for a user/password -- this is when you will set the SUPER ADMIN user and password by what you enter. For example, you pull the site up for the first time, you will be prompted to login and if you put in user: "goombah" and password: "iama" then your super admin user account will be set to goombah/iama.
6. On your first login you should check all the admin settings pages and configure your installation.
Resources: TorrentFlux Ubuntu Documentation, TorrentFlux Website